Daily Digits

Published: Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Updated: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 02:02

5 -- Tufts sporting events postponed or canceled due to Winter Storm Nemo, which forced the postponement of two basketball games, two hockey games, a home track meet and a squash championship. Hockey traveled to Conn. College on Sunday to play its first makeup game, while the rest of the contests will be made up this week.

12-- Consecutive games to start the season without a regulation loss by the Chicago Blackhawks, who most recently dispatched the Nashville Predators, 3-0. The team fell in back-to-back shootouts, but otherwise boasts a spotless record. Right-winger Patrick Kane has been the star, chipping in 19 points, the second highest in the NHL.

16-- Shots missed by LeBron James since the fourth quarter of the Heat’s game against the Toronto Raptors last Sunday. The defending MVP has gone 49 of his last 65, shooting 75.4 percent in one of the best five-game stretches in NBA history. With his recent numbers, James’ Player Efficiency Rating has jumped to 30.9, a hair above his rating in his MVP campaign.

33--Percent chance that the Tufts women’s basketball team will win the NESCAC regular season title and earn the No. 1 seed in the conference tournament if all three conference leaders win midweek. Williams’ weekend upset of Amherst has created a three-way tie on top of the conference, with drawing a name out of a hat the only tiebreaker that will separate them.

6-- Number of goals scored by the Tufts hockey team in their victory over Hamilton on Sunday evening. The output matched the Jumbos’ highest tally of the year in the game played at Conn. College. Sophomore Andrew White recorded a hat trick for the Jumbos as the team picked up its second conference win of the season. 

5--Teams in the top seven of last week’s Div. I men’s basketball poll that lost in the past seven days. The top three – Indiana, Florida and Michigan – all fell, along with No. 5 Kansas and No. 7 Arizona. Only Duke and Syracuse avoided an upset. It was also the fifth straight week the No. 1 team was beat.