Top Story

bball

Men's Basketball | Jumbos squeak out 65-64 overtime win against Clark

With the fourth seed in the NESCAC tournament and a home quarterfinal game already locked up, the Tufts men’s basketball team faced off against non-conference rival Clark University on Monday night, a team that has beaten the Jumbos in each of the past three seasons. Full story

• fencing

Women's Fencing | Jumbo fencing falls 13-14 to NYU in close bout

Jumbos go 4-0 in weekend Wellesley Invitational meet, including victory over host team

he season this past Saturday against NYU at Carzo Cage, the Jumbos came within a single bout of victory, finishing 13-14 on the weekend after going 4-0 at the Wellesley Invitational. “The team fought hard against NYU this past weekend, despite it being a small meet,” junior sabre captain Shelby Bean said.

• NESCAC Performer of the Week | Schmidt awarded, third of season

After capturing two individual victories against Wheaton College Saturday afternoon, junior Johann Schmidt expanded the portfolio of his already illustrious athletics career when he was awarded with yet another NESCAC award for swimming and diving performer of the week for the Jumbos — his first of the season.

• indiana

Inside the NCAA | Major conference matchups clear up late season picture

Another week of conference play meant another week of higher stakes as the calendar turns to February. While some teams were completing a climb back to the top, others were continuing to fall. It seems as though no one can hold onto the No. 1 spot for more than a week, with a new team taking the mantle after each of the last four weeks of play.

• wtrackandfield

Women's Track & Field | Tufts women victorious in second home meet of the season

It was a jam-packed weekend for track and field at Tufts, as 24 teams from all over the northeast and hundreds of fans piled into the Gantcher Center on Friday and Saturday for the Tufts Stampede. After all was said and done, the women’s team came out on top with an impressive performance, amassing 166 points, 11 more than second-place MIT and 71 more than third-place NESCAC rival Williams College.

• Men's Track & Field | Jumbos take third with slew of top finishes

In an effort that produced two wins and 11 total scoring performances, the Tufts men’s track and field team finished third out of 20 teams Saturday in the Tufts Stampede. The Jumbos finished with 69 points — 93 points fewer than MIT, the meet winner, and 16.

Sports Columns

Sports Columns