Copy
View this email in your browser
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
TUPD arrests houseless man found in Harleston Hall

An unknown individual was arrested by Tufts University Police Department at 1:11 a.m. on Sept. 7 after the department received a report of the person sleeping on a couch on the fourth floor of Harleston Hall. Residents expressed mixed feelings about reporting the incident to TUPD, and Tufts Students for Justice in Palestine expressed its aversion to TUPD's action. READ MORE

SPONSORED
NEWS | Medford, Somerville schools return to in-person instruction this fall

After DESE’s decision to end hybrid or virtual school modalities for the majority of its students, discussions in Medford and Somerville quickly turned to determining what a return to in-person instruction should look like. Both communities have sought to find balances between returning to pre-pandemic instruction and protecting student mental and physical health. READ MORE

Support independent student journalism
FEATURES | Student-run small businesses flourish in the Tufts community and beyond

College is more than just a time for academics: It’s about exploring passions and trying new things. For some, that means trying their hand at starting a business. A number of students have found the Tufts community to be a great place to build their businesses. READ MORE

ARTS | Liz Cooper shows 'Hot Sass' at the Brighton Music Hall

From Arts Editor Yas Salon: "Cooper played with a charming almost too-cool-to-care attitude, and it was impossible not to feel like she was a seasoned rock star. If there is one thing that sets Cooper apart from other artists, it is her distinct voice. There isn’t one succinct way to describe Cooper’s vocals; her voice is simultaneously buttery yet has a certain grit to it." READ MORE

OP-ED | The progressive leader Somerville needs: Will Mbah for mayor

From Caro Fett: “Will’s lived experience as an immigrant, a Black man, someone who has struggled to pay rent and someone who has fought for environmental justice in his life and in his work distinguish him as the leader our city needs. He will fight hard on the most important issues facing Somerville and the United States, issues he understands intimately: racial equity, affordable housing and environmental justice.” READ MORE

SPORTS | Cross Country impresses at season's first championship meet

This past Saturday, Tufts cross country competed at the NEICAAA championships at Franklin Park in Boston, Mass. The women finished 10th overall in the varsity 5K race and fifth in the sub-varsity 5K race, while the men, who did not have their top eight runners race at the meet, finished fourth overall in the sub-varsity 8K race. READ MORE

ALSO IN THE DAILY...
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Spotify
YouTube
Email
Copyright © 2021 The Tufts Daily, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp