Police Briefs

The Beautiful Game

At 7:12 p.m. on March 27, the Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) received a report of a minor injury sustained by a student at the Mayer Campus Center. The student had been playing ping pong when the injury occurred. In pursuit of a ping pong ball, he had run into a TV, causing minor lacerations. Tufts Emergency Medical Services (TEMS) arrived at the scene and examined him, asking him if he wanted to go the hospital. The student refused and was sent on his way.

X Marks the Spot

At 11:50 p.m. on March 28, TUPD received a report of an intoxicated student in Houston Hall. The student in question was discovered by another student after he fell in a corridor and hit his head on the wall. TUPD officers observed that he was bleeding when they arrived. In addition, they noted that the student bore a red X on his right hand. At this point, the drunk student stated to the officers that he had been drinking at the ATO fraternity. After hearing this, TUPD verified that ATO was in fact using a red marker to mark the hands of students who were under 21. After finding other underage students at the ATO party, it was shut down. The intoxicated student in Houston Hall was transported to the hospital.

Food Porn

An intoxicated female student in a dormitory was reported to TUPD at 12:50 a.m. on March 29. She had a black X on her hand. There were two fraternities using black markers that night, and the student explained to the officers that she had been at a party hosted by Theta Delta Chi. Officers also noted that the student had chocolate on her. Upon checking in on the party at Theta Delta Chi, officers discovered that the party was “Candy Land” themed. Partygoers were observed to be squirting each other with whipped cream and chocolate sauce in accordance with the theme.