Sophomore senator, QSA rep resign from TCU Senate

Sophomore Tufts Community Union (TCU) Senator Tabias Wilson announced his resignation from the TCU Senate yesterday in an e-mail to the body citing personal reasons, according to TCU Historian Tomas Garcia.

"My time in Senate was well-spent and quite insightful," Wilson said in an e-mail to the Daily. "However, I believe it is time for me to focus more earnestly on issues of personal import. I wish Senate the best of luck."

A special election will be held to fill the seat, although Garcia said that the Senate's executive board and Tufts Election Commission (ECOM) will first meet to determine the details of the election.

"It has to be discussed by the exec board and ECOM," he said. "We were just informed of the resignation today."

Sophomore Alex Lis-Perlis at last night's Senate meeting also announced her resignation as the Senate's community representative for the Queer Straight Alliance (QSA), also due to personal reasons.

Lis-Perlis assured those present of her ability to find a competent replacement for the position and said that she will continue collaboration with the Senate on future projects.

"I plan on staying involved with a lot of projects that overlap with Senate," Lis-Perlis said.

She will be replaced in an internal election within the QSA. Lis-Perlis said she would attempt to include a larger segment of the student population when attempting to find her replacement.

"Usually in the past, only active members of QSA have attended, but I'm planning on reaching out to the larger community and let related groups know the position is open if their members are interested," Lis-Perlis said.

Lis-Perlis added that her service with the body has been a positive experience.

Also at the meeting, the body elected Senator Joe Donenfeld, a freshman, to replace Senator Dan Pasternack, a senior, as the chair of Allocations Board Council IV, which oversees the budgets of religious groups.