Police Briefs

Return to sender

Students living in houses on Powderhouse Boulevard at approximately midnight on March 12 reported to Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) that an individual wearing a light-blue shirt and blue jeans was trespassing on their porches. Two officers responded and found an 18-year-old drunk male matching the descriptions slumped over a porch railing on a house on Powderhouse.

The suspect told officers he was visiting a student from Tufts and got lost. He was transported to Massachusetts General Hospital.

A prickly situation

TUPD officers on Professors Row at 12:55 a.m on March 12 responded to a student's report that his friend had just been hit in the face by another male who was then walking away. The officers caught up to the alleged assailant, a 20-year-old male, who denied involvement. When the victim insisted that the the suspect was his attacker, the suspect produced a fake Arizona driver's license and claimed he was visiting Tufts from Arizona. He eventually admitted the ID was fake. The officers arrested the suspect for assault and battery and disorderly conduct.

I get by with a little help…

A TUPD officer at 2:55 a.m on March 13 responded to a call regarding a drunk male student lying on the sidewalk in front of Olin Hall. His friends had attempted to help him home until he fell over. He was not otherwise injured but was still transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital.

Duh.

A student at 10 p.m. on March 13 reported to TUPD that his bike had been stolen between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on the same day from a house on Curtis Street. The student had locked the bike's wheel to its frame, but had not secured the bike to anything else.