Daily Week: Top 5 News stories of the semester

"Posters with incendiary images, anti-Israel messages deface Tufts Hillel" (Feb. 13).

By: Daniel Nelson, investigative editor

Summary: Flyers depicting militarized pigs, including at least one with a caption calling for the destruction of “ISRAELI APARTHEID FORCES AND AMERIKKKAN [sic] PIGS WHICH FUND IT,” were discovered on Feb. 12 on the exterior of Granoff Family Hillel Center.

"Tufts purchases property at 123 Packard Ave. from Theta Delta Chi, plans to make it a residential hall" (Feb. 19).

By: Liza Harris, news editor

Summary: The Tufts administration purchased the property at 123 Packard Ave. on Jan. 7 for two million dollars. The house, which was previously owned by the Theta Delta Chi Corporation, will be used to expand on-campus housing options for students, according to Executive Director of Public Relations Patrick Collins.

"Tufts lecturer resigns after arrest at Harvard swimming pool" (Feb. 14). 

By: Alexander Thompson, assistant news editor

Summary: Former Tufts Gordon Institute Lecturer Kaiser Fung was arrested on Feb. 5 at Harvard University’s Blodgett Pool and charged with secretly photographing a nude person. Tufts terminated Fung’s employment after being informed of the arrest on Feb. 8, according to Patrick Collins, Tufts’ executive director of public relations.

"Blackface photo prompts condemnation from Tufts administration, community" (Jan. 25).

By: Jessica Blough, executive news editor

Summary: The Tufts administration and community spoke out on Jan. 24 in response to an Instagram photo of a student in blackface that was circulated on social media.

"Defense contractor Raytheon comes to career fair, protesters follow" (Jan. 31).

Summary: Around a dozen protesters, including a Tufts professor, several Tufts students and activists not affiliated with the university, assembled for more than an hour on Feb. 8 in front of the Steve Tisch Sports and Fitness Center to protest the presence of a Raytheon Company booth at the Tufts Spring Career Fair.