Where you read it first | Friday, May 17, 2024

The Artsy Jumbo | Freshman Imogen Browder embraces theater opportunities

The daughter of two actors, freshman ImogenBrowder came to Tufts looking for a break from the theater. Throughout high school, she participated in numerous theater productions in addition to creating some of her own and starting a student theater group.

"When I got to college, I was telling myself I wasn't going to do anymore theater ?? that I was done, that I was going to pursue something more academic," she said.

Yet after meeting student theater group 3Ps, Browder felt so embraced by the Tufts theater community that she auditioned for and ?? landed the role of Mother in last fall's production of "Day Father." Browder said the role is one of her favorites so far, noting that the fact that the play was a world premiere was exciting to her.

"[It was] very cool to delve into the nitty?gritty of this character who still doesn't exist yet and try to make it my own and find interesting things about her," she said.

Browder also devotes her time to acting in Tufts Traveling Treasure Trunk, a children's theater group that performs for Boston area children. She also keeps busy as a member of the track team and as a blogger and tour guide for the Admissions Office.

Browder said while following her parents into a career in acting is a possibility, the decision is a long way off.

"I think at the end of my four years here, I'd maybe like to give it a year and see what happens," she said.

--