Boloco to take points next semester

Boloco will join the Merchants on Points (MOPs) system by the start of next semester, according to store manager Sal Airo-Farulla.

"We had to give ourselves a date to go by and that seemed to make the most sense," he said.

At that time, it will feature expanded hours, staying open until 10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday and midnight on Friday and Saturday.

Boloco will also deliver from 7 p.m. until closing on weekdays and after 1 p.m. on weekends.

"That's initially; we'll see how it works," Airo-Farulla said.

If there is enough demand for delivery, he said he will look into expanding the delivery times.

He is also considering further lengthening the store's hours. "If there's a really big response, we almost have to push [the closing time back,]" he said.

Boloco was elected to the MOPs system after beating Pizza Days in a Tufts Community Union (TCU) Senate survey. The survey's results were released on Nov. 14 and showed Boloco prevailing with 62.5 percent of the vote.

Since then, senators have been working to make the transition a smooth one.

Sophomore Senator C.J. Mourning said she is happy with the progress to date.

"Everything's been going fine. We've contacted [Boloco], they have all the paperwork. It's just a matter of making things official," Mourning said. "There haven't been any roadblocks in our way."

When Boloco assumes the sixth MOPs slot, Tufts students will be able to order from a full roster for the first time since Domino's got kicked out of the system this summer.

Airo-Farulla said he is looking forward to taking orders on points. "Are you kidding me? I'm psyched. I couldn't be happier," he said. "It's definitely going to be a huge plus."