DAILY DIGITS

1

The field hockey team will attempt to win the first team Div. III national championship in the history of Tufts University athletics this weekend when it travels to Collegeville, Penn. to play in the Final Four, hosted by Ursinus College. The Jumbos, seeded No. 4 in the nation, will face No. 1 Messiah on Saturday. Tufts dispatched the College of New Jersey 2-1 on Sunday in the NCAA quarterfinals on Bello Field to advance to this weekend's Final Four.

2

Junior Jesse Faller placed second at the NCAA New England Cross Country Championships Saturday. Faller's performance qualified him for the NCAA Championships this weekend in Hanover, Ind. Although Faller has competed at the NCAAs the past two years, this will be his first time competing as an individual runner because the Jumbos failed to qualify as a team. Faller improved on his All-New England performance from last year, when he finished third.

69

Height, in inches, of 2008 American League MVP Dustin Pedroia. The 5-foot-9 second baseman became the 10th member of the Red Sox to win the award, batting .326 with 17 home runs, 83 RBIs and 20 stolen bases on the season. He had a .949 OPS after the All-Star break and helped to lead Boston to the AL wild-card berth. Pedroia, who made just $457,000 last season, will likely be in line for a pay raise this winter.

6

Years since the last tie in an NFL game before the Philadelphia Eagles and Cincinnati Bengals played to a 13-13 decision Sunday. Bengals' kicker Shayne Graham missed a 47-yard field goal attempt with seven seconds remaining in overtime to ensure that the game would end in a deadlock. The result marked the Eagles' first tie in exactly 11 years and the Bengals' first since 1969.  A 34-34 contest between Pittsburgh and Atlanta Nov. 10, 2002 marked the league's last tied game.