Trailers tease Hollywood's upcoming blockbusters and Oscar-season favorites

It's almost November, which means Oscar season is coming. Every winter, studios release their most aesthetically and artistically valuable projects, aspiring for some coveted nominations at the coming Academy Awards in late February or early March. This year is no different, and film fanatics everywhere are bristling with excitement due to the caliber of some newly released trailers.

For the action junkies, Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie make for one big bowl of sexy action in "The Tourist," due out in December. Based on the French film "Anthony Zimmer" (2005), "The Tourist" stars Jolie as an English seductress who puppeteers Depp in a plot to frame him as a wanted felon. The ensuing wild goose chase promises to fuse shootouts, foreplay and frivolity.

True action ecstasy is found in the trailer for "Wrecked," due out in 2011. Still donning his newfound badass persona, Adrien Brody does his best "Memento" (2000) impression as an amnesiac who awakens in a grisly car crash in the wilderness. The trailer features a bloodied Brody scavenging for food, wielding firearms and fending off a cougar. Yeah, it's going to be sick.

Critics are buzzing about some other recently released trailers, as the Coen brothers saddle up for another Western with "True Grit," and Nicole Kidman goes for an Oscar nod in "Rabbit Hole."

"True Grit," a remake of a film of the same name, features Jeff Bridges as alcoholic U.S. Marshal Rooster Cogburn as he helps a young girl track down her father's murderer (Josh Brolin). The role garnered John Wayne an Oscar in 1969.

Kidman's role in "Rabbit Hole" deals with the death of a family member as well, in this case her son, Danny. Trying to cope with the loss of her child, she develops an eccentric fixation with her son's involuntary killer, an adolescent artist who was driving the car that killed Danny.

From the action-packed to the emotionally layered, the Daily forecasts some stellar products out of Hollywood this Oscar season.