From the office of the Tufts Daily

Dear Justin Bieber,

We're not necessarily saying that you're the second coming of Christ, but we're not, you know, totally discounting it or anything: the long hair, the "crazy" ideas and the innovative way of spreading your message. It all fits.

See, we heard that your meeting with Binyamin Netanyahu, prime minister of Israel, was canceled the other day. First, we thought nothing of it: You're just some kid. Some pop star. What makes you think you can do anything to change the world?

But then we realized, in all seriousness, that you're doing what we spend every day talking about here at Tufts. Rather than thinking globally and acting locally, though, you're thinking globally and acting globally.

You're, what, 17? And you're already trying to get into politics? And not just politics, but one of the most volatile political situations in the world? There are plenty of world leaders many times your age who want nothing to do with the Middle East.

And you're doing your best to break into that world and solve the problems with your dulcet tones. If anyone can do it, it's you. We believe in you.

We're here to spread the gospel of Bieber.

You Tweeted that all you wanted "was the chance to walk where jesus did here in isreal [sic.]" Well, it looks like you're definitely doing a fine job of following in his footsteps.

Or, you know, your footsteps.

Blessed be in the name of the Lord,

The Daily Arts Department