Police Briefs — April 12

Stolen Belongings

Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) received a report of stolen belongings from the Steve Tisch Sports and Fitness Center at 3 p.m. on April 4. A person left her jacket in a cubby in the fitness center while exercising and discovered that her keys were missing from her jacket pocket when she returned. A police report was filed and the person was advised to have her key recoded if possible.

Marijuana Smell

TUPD was dispatched for a reported smell of marijuana coming from a residential hall at 2 p.m. on April 7. Officers met with the suspected resident, who admitted to smoking marijuana and then turned over the pipe used to TUPD. A police report was filed and sent to the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs.

Fire Alarm

TUPD responded to a fire alarm evacuation at Hillside Apartments at 8:30 p.m. on April 7. The alarm went off as a result of someone cooking toast. The Medford Fire Department checked the area and called for a system reset.

Noise Complaint

TUPD responded to a loud noise complaint at Davies House at 1:15 a.m. on April 8. The officers could hear loud music coming from the residence and saw several residents drinking alcohol on the porch. TUPD established contact with a resident, shut down the party, confiscated the alcohol and filed a report. The report was then sent to the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs.