Best Boston concert venues on the Green Line

Looking for live music in Boston? Look no further than these three popular venues.

Kendrick_Lamar_The_DAMN._Tour_@_TD_Garden_(Boston,_MA)_(36100901865).jpg

Kendrick Lamar performs at a concert at TD Garden on July 22, 2017 in Boston, Mass. on The DAMN. Tour.

With the Green Line now extending to Tufts, getting to see your favorite artists live in concert when they come to Boston is easier than ever. While there is plenty of young, local music thanks to schools like Emerson College and Berklee College of Music, Boston is also host to many popular artists on tour. There is no shortage of places to hear live music around Tufts, but if you ever find yourself riding on the T and looking for somewhere to rock out, here are a couple of must-visit venues within a 10-minute walk from Green Line stops!

TD Garden

Green Line Stop: North Station

Ticket Price: $$$

The home of the Celtics and the Bruins, “The Garden” is a Boston staple located directly above North Station, just a few stops away from Tufts. Here, you can see some of your favorite popular artists on tour. Most recently, Olivia Rodrigo and Nicki Minaj performed their hits in the giant, round arena which seats nearly 20,000 people. While its size may feel overwhelming, the Garden is extremely accessible, with 34 restrooms and 42 permanent concession stands available. Sometimes, on the day of the concert, the outside of the venue also lights up in colors associated with the artist performing, reflecting the excitement of live entertainment into the Charles.

MGM Music Hall at Fenway

Green Line Stop: Hynes Convention Center

Ticket Price: $$

This 5,000 person venue is located right next to the iconic Fenway Park. The outdoor ballpark has had a history of offering concerts during the summer months, but its new indoor music venue operated by Live Nation Entertainment brings even more performers to Fenway. It opened not too long ago in August 2022, but its beauty is well beyond its years, with a huge stage that can be seen from every seat in its three levels. The glamour of MGM makes for an unforgettable concert experience, complete with modernized lighting and sound systems. Having hosted artists of all types, from smaller acts to bigger names like boygenius, Mitski and Kesha, Fenway’s new addition to the music scene is sure to have a long star-studded future ahead.

Paradise Rock Club

Green Line Stop: Babcock Street

Ticket Price: $

A much more intimate venue with a capacity of 933, Paradise Rock Club is a place where you can connect with your favorite local names or touring alternative artists. Located on Commonwealth Avenue near Boston University, the club always attracts a plethora of college students due to its proximity to so many schools. Many popular artists made stops at Paradise before their fame skyrocketed, including Aerosmith, Billy Joel, Carly Simon, The Talking Heads, Coldplay, Grace Potter, Hozier and Father John Misty. Whether you know all the words to the artists’ songs or just want to bask in pure musical excitement, this oasis of vibes can’t be beat.