Jei-Jei Tan

20161130-IMG_9167
News

Somerville, Medford reaffirm commitment to undocumented immigrants

Despite President-elect Donald Trump’s recent threats to block funding from sanctuary cities, Somerville Mayor Joseph Curtatone reiterated the city’s commitment to remaining a sanctuary city in an open letter released on Nov. 21.“Somerville will stand with you regardless of your race, creed, ...

20161115-DSC_2210-1
News

"Witch, Please" discusses Harry Potter, disability, queerness

Hannah McGregor and Marcelle Kosman of Canadian podcast “Witch, Please” were joined by Experimental College Professor Lydia Brownon Nov. 15 for a panel discussion about queerness and disability representation in the “Harry Potter” series. The event was hosted by the Tufts Podcast Network.Brown, ...

The Setonian
News

Events on the Hill this week: Nov. 7

MONDAY"Dancing Against the Law: Critical Moves in Bangalore's Queer Nightlife"Details: Kareem Khubchandani, assistant professor in the Department of Drama and Dance and a faculty member of Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies, will speak about LGBTQ rights and protest in India, focusing ...

20161029-IMG_6174
News

Community gathers for teach-in on Standing Rock protests

Approximately 400 people gathered in Paige Hall this past weekend for the Standing Rock Teach-In, which took place on Oct. 28 and 29. The teach-in centered around the protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) at the Standing Rock Indian Reservation in North and South Dakota and featured ...

IMG_0352-1
News

Queer Chinese filmmaker Popo Fan discusses work, life

Popo Fan, a queer filmmaker and activist in China, held a film screening and discussion Tuesday, Sept. 20 at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy. The event was jointly hosted by Fletcher LGBTQA and the Tufts China Club.Patrick Schena, adjunct assistant professor at The Fletcher School and an associate-in-research ...

More articles »