Tufts Mock Trial Update

Tufts Mock Trial spent the weekend attending its second and final regional tournament of the season at the Suffolk County Courthouse in Boston, according to Officer of External Affairs for Tufts Mock Trial Brian Pilchik.

Tufts B team had the second-highest Combined Strength, which is the total of the records of a team's four opponents and received a bid to the American Mock Trial Association's Opening Round Championship Series (ORCS) in White Plains, NY the weekend of March 10-11 for a chance at the national tournament.

Tufts' B team and one of its C teams took part in the Boston Regional, Pilchik said.

Additionally, Freshman Elisabeth Constantino received an Outstanding Witness Award at the tournament.

The 8 best teams of the 26 teams that took part in the tournament, including Tufts' B team, will advance to the ORCS, according to Pilchik. New York University, Brandeis University, Boston University, Brown University and Suffolk University are also advancing to the ORCS from this competition.

Tufts A team, which won a bid to the ORCS the weekend of Feb. 19, will be joining Tufts B team at the ORCS, where both teams will compete in a larger pool for 6 spots to attend Nationals, which will be held in Minneapolis, MN.

The scores for this weekend's tournament are following:

Tufts B Team

Overall: 5-3

2-0 vs. Stonehill College

vs. Brown University

vs. New York University

vs. Suffolk University

Tufts C Team

Overall: 3-4-1

2-0 vs. University of Massachusetts at Lowell

0-2 vs. New York University

vs. Boston University

0-2 vs. Brown University