Wilson House to be transfer dorm

Wilson House will be home to transfer students for the 2014-2015 school year, according to Director of the Office of Residential Life and Learning Yolanda King. King explained that the university several years ago housed about 10 female transfer students in 92 Professors Row — today the home of Sigma Phi Epsilon —- but since that time has not had a dedicated home for transfers.

“We received a lot of feedback from incoming transfer students to be placed together during their first semester at Tufts to help with getting acclimated to campus,” King told the Daily in an email. “In responding to this feedback we were able to identify Wilson House as a potential space for incoming transfer students and it has spaces for 43 people.”

King explained that recent transfer students were dispersed among the university’s residence halls and houses. Mitch Stallman lived in South Hall as a sophomore transfer and applauded the idea of having a separate transfer residency.

“I think coming in as a transfer ... we had a totally different outlook on our college experience,” he said. “If you have all the transfers around you ... that’s awesome. It’s easier to talk to them whereas a freshman they’re scared ... It’s a whole different experience.”