Police Briefs — March 8

Scratched Door

A staff member reported that the driver's side door of their car had been scratched earlier in the day at 4 p.m. on March 1 in the Pearson Chemical Laboratory parking lot. The person is unsure who scratched the car or how the car got scratched. The staff member had no issues with anyone from their workplace, and the case is currently under investigation.

Missing Laptop

Someone reported a missing MacBook Air from their backpack at 10:30 p.m. on March 1 after leaving the bag in the coat room area of the Jackson Gym around 9 p.m. that night. Upon returning, the backpack remained where she had left it, but the laptop was missing. She does not have tracking software on her computer. The case is under investigation, and the Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) is trying to find the laptop.

Stolen Headlight

Someone reported a stolen front headlight from their bicycle at 4:30 p.m. on March 2 from 574 Boston Ave.; although the light had been stolen on Feb. 29. This case is also under investigation, after a police report was filed.

Lost iPad

A staff member reported losing his university iPad at some point between Thursday evening and Friday morning at 8:49 a.m. on March 4. The iPad has tracking software, and detectives were able to track the iPad to an on campus location. It was returned to the owner.