Helen Thomas-McLean

The Setonian
Sports

Women's track and field looks toward championship season

The Jumbos hosted the Sunshine Classic last Saturday, taking first place overall in what was the last meet of the regular season. Tufts amassed an impressive 305 points over the course of the day, distancing themselves from runner-up Plymouth State by 181 points.The team didn’t let the rainy conditions ...

track-2
Sports

Men's track and field impresses at MIT Quad Meet

On Saturday, April 6, Tufts competed against Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) and Bates in a quad meet hosted at MIT. The Jumbos amassed an impressive 185 points at the meet, finishing a close second place behind MIT (190.5). The team reached many ...

ski
Sports

Women's ski team impresses at nationals

Disclaimer: Annette Key was a former executive video editor at the Daily. Key was not involved in the writing or editing of this article.The Tufts women’s club ski team ended its historic season with an eighth-place finish in the Alpine Ladies division at the United States Collegiate Ski and Snowboard ...

The Setonian
Sports

Tufts alum Zach Groen blazes trail in NFL

For Tufts alum Zach Groen, serving as the public relations manager for the Philadelphia Eagles is more than a job — it’s a dream come true. Groen is in his fifth year with the franchise serving as a liaison between the media and the team. He graduated from Tufts in 2010 with a bachelor's degree ...

WomensFencing-21-of-30
Sports

Fencing prepares to foil opposition's hopes this year

Entering the 2018–2019 season, the Tufts fencing team is looking to develop a young roster that can contribute to the success of the program for years to come. This team’s roster is younger than last year’s squad, with two juniors and two seniors, compared to four first-years and four sophomores. ...

More articles »