Desert chic: The iconic fashion looks of the ‘Dune: Part Two’ press tour

Zendaya, Timotheé Chalamet and their co-stars made headlines for their bold fashion choices at the film’s premieres.

28652839185_f4ac19c8ef_o.jpg

Zendaya speaks at the 2016 San Diego Comic Con International, for “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Calif.

Warner Bros.’ sci-fi success “Dune: Part Two” (2024) was finally released this past week on March 1. The movie, directed by Denis Villeneuve, is the sequel to Dune: Part One” (2021), based on the 1965 epic novel by American author Frank Herbert. Due to its incredible cast, featuring superstars Zendaya, Timothée Chalamet, Florence Pugh and Austin Butler, it is no wonder that the film has been a box office success, grossing $81.5 million domestically in its opening weekend. However, before its release, fans have already been closely following the actors’ press appearances, featuring incredible fashion pieces from Jimmy Choos to Givenchy skirt suits. Their outfits have become internet sensations, so let’s take a look.

The actors attended the film’s New York City premiere, where Zendaya wore a white Stéphane Rolland dress from the brand’s spring 2024 couture collection, with a low, angular cut-out. As the gown reached the floor, the hemline featured three-dimensional gold pieces attached to the skirt, which covered the star’s matching gold-colored Jimmy Choos. By her side, French American actor Timothée Chalamet sported a Prada leather-on-leather look, with a loose caramel-colored top tucked into a pair of skinny black leather pants, black boots and a pair of black sunglasses. The 28-year-old was accompanied by Oscar-nominated actor Austin Butler in a black and white Haider Ackermann suit, and co-star Florence Pugh, who wore a stunning Valentino haute couture gray dress with a halter neck.

The iconic duo that is Zendaya and Chalamet also made an appearance in Seoul, South Korea, sporting matching suits, complementing each other in shades of pink and baby blue. The duo was styled by South Korean designer Juun.J. The 27-year-old actress was also spotted in Seoul wearing another exquisite archival suit from Givenchy’s fall-winter 1999 collection. The piece was designed by the late Lee Alexander McQueen, and showcased a geometric electronic pattern in red, which stands out against the piece’s gray backdrop.

However, the stars donned their most iconic, legendary pieces during the red carpet at the film’s premiere in London. In Zendaya’s best look to date, the actress was seen pulling an archival Mugler armored catsuit with daring details across her chest, thighs and arms. The suit’s shiny metal structure resembled that of a knight’s, paired with matching silver metal gloves and a gleaming Bulgari necklace around the armor’s high neckline as the cherry on top. Although there was little space for her co-stars to shine, their appearances on the red carpet also deserve recognition. Chalamet opted for a similar silver concept, pairing Haider Ackermann silver textured trousers with an oversized black short-sleeve shirt featuring a subtle yet dazzling neckline. A narrow white shirt also peeked out from beneath, completing the stylish ensemble. As Pugh was welcomed back home by the British press, she made her way onto the red carpet wearing a breathtaking Valentino ball gown: a backless dress embellished in dark maroon sequins, a hood and a relaxed neckline. Austin Butler was also not left behind. The Elvis star was draped in a Gucci attire crafted by Sabato De Sarno for Gucci’s fall-winter 2024 collection. Below his long black coat, Butler’s white knit tank top perfectly completed his classic apparel.

But the cast’s European presence did not end in London. The “Dune” press tour moved south, to the fashion capital of the world: Paris. “Sans doute,” a French phrase that translates to “without doubt,” the core four showed up in mesmerizing pieces. Zendaya wore a custom Louis Vuitton two-piece set, combining a 3D rose jacquard sleeveless cropped hoodie with a matching voluminous crinkled skirt. The actress looked stunning in the glittering gold fabric and was described by Bazaar as ‘red carpet royalty.’ She finished her look with a pair of vintage Bulgari diamond earrings and a serpent bracelet. By her side, her male co-stars opted for simpler black options. Chalamet sported a black custom Givenchy haute couture suit, with a shiny metal breastplate underneath, gleaming with red and silver sparkles. He topped off the look with a Cartier silver ring and a pair of black sunglasses again. In contrast, Butler opted for a meticulously tailored black jacket, elegantly paired with a crisp white collared shirt. Completing the ensemble, he donned a pair of spectacular flared trousers that exuded a stylish nod to fashion trends of the 1970s.

These are just some of the occasions where Zendaya and Chalamet have captivated us with their impeccable appearances. Their stunning looks have consistently trended, and the stylish duo is now gracing the big screen in theaters, adorned in attire that is possibly more suitable for navigating the desert.